Entry #8 BYE BYE ACNE
What is Accutane?
Accutane is a drug used to help you dry your skin and body up to stop your acne.
Accutane does have a LOT of side effects you NEED to be aware of before getting on it.
Accutane also has another name which is Isotretinoin. I personally decided to go on this medication because I was super insecure abut my acne and I was not happy with the way I looked. I started my dermatologist journey in 2016 and decided to go on Accutane almost two years after attending there.
At first when they explained Accutane I thought it was just some pills the pharmacy would prescribe and that was it, but in reality it had more work than planned.
- Sign lots of papers (going to the government) You would have to agree that you knew what you were getting into and if you had any liver damage it was your responsibility because the pill itself is THAT effective.
2. Choose two effective birth control methods.
Getting on Accutane you MUST not be pregnant or you must NOT be planning to get pregnant on the pill. There is extremely high risks in which an infant can come out deformed. This may happen even if you took Accutane for a short amount of period.
Getting on Accutane you MUST not be pregnant or you must NOT be planning to get pregnant on the pill. There is extremely high risks in which an infant can come out deformed. This may happen even if you took Accutane for a short amount of period.
PATIENT MUST NOT BE: Pregnant or Breastfeeding
For female patients, you must have at least two negative urine pregnancy tests BEFORE receiving the Accutane prescription. Each month of therapy, the patient must have a NEGATIVE result from a urine or serum pregnancy test. A pregnancy test must be repeated EVERY month prior to the female patient receiving EACH prescription.
What are the side effects ?
There are PLENTY side effects as you can see, but in my case I only experienced a few.
- Dry nose
- Mood changes
- Chapped lips (for a month or two)
- Bones hurting
Pictures of before and after






Comments
Post a Comment